Friday 25 February 2011

Simple Pleasures

When we were in Morrisons yesterday I saw these beautful flowers and at £2 for the bunch I couldn't help but pick them up for myself. I smile everytime I walk in the  room.
Simple and (cheap) pleasures.


Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
                                                                                         Melody Beattie      

6 comments:

  1. I think the jam jar needs a little "something!" lol

    keeping it simple is very much keeping it real...

    well done you for taking control of your current situation and not just sitting back and taking it on the chin... like me! ;D

    x Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers and the quote - can pinch I for my side bar ?
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As does positive thinking I find...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanne, thanks for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment on my blog:) flowers can bring so much colour and happiness can't they? Your's are very pretty and a real bargain! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Joanne, thanks for visiting me and for your lovely comment! Welcome to blogland, I hope you have fun.
    Nothing like a bunch of fresh flowers in the house. :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joanne
    Thanks for your comment on my blog!
    Lovely flowers, nothing better for brightening up the house - and a bargain too!

    ReplyDelete