Sunday 20 February 2011

The Author

That's me, Joanne, full time Mum to three very energetic kiddies, but I thought you might like to know a little more about the woman behind this blog.


I live in the past, the future but not the present day.
 I live in fear, I worry about most things, am anxious, I'm not good at waiting, I can't stand back and allow things to just happen.
I am a Black and White person, no real shades of grey here, Miss extreme, if am happy I'm on top of the world, life and soul of the party. I'm not coming down of that cloud but the bad side to this is when am low, nothing is going to pull me out of that dark cave, no words, no actions, nothing, it's like I've made my mind up to live in misery and I just have to wait it out, wait for the mood to lift and inevitably it does.


 Am not a good listener but I love to talk.
I love company and love to entertain.
 Am not to keen on my own company.
 I'm very indecisive.

I tend to throw myself into new projects, new hobbies. I give my all to these, I become obsessed.
 Take knitting when I wanted to learn how to knit I went out and bought the latest in interchangeable knitting needles ( knit picks I think), enough wool to start my own wool shop, every book and magazines and if that's not bad enough I convinced my hubby that we needed a family holiday and if we went to Derbyshire I could spend the weekend at the Rowan Mills on a course learning to knit socks. To this day I have only knitted two socks and not even a pair. Why because I fear failure, I know this because I hardly ever complete projects, things are left undone and incomplete and all because I'm a perfectionist. I strive for perfection and consequently often feel disappointed with my efforts therefore I give up and try something new and it all starts over again.



I expect the worse to happen in most situations.
 I'm a grass is greener on the other side kinda girl, I put this down to envy and thinking others have it better than me. I'm a glass half empty kind of girl.
On the good side I'm a great mum, I love my children with all my heart and only ever want the best for them. I'm a great home maker, I love what I do and am truly grateful for being lucky enough to of spent the last eleven years being a full time mum. I'm a great cook and baker.
And my friend Alex tells me I'm a great friend.

Now I wasn't finding it easy to write honestly about myself so I decided to ask for help and there was only one person I knew who wouldn't think I was mad and who would be totally honest with me.
Alex my best friend, my soul sister.
 So I call on her yet again to help me out  (I am sure she's my guardian angel) and after one of our soul searching conversations this is what I came up with.
Now for the most of it I'm not too proud, it was pretty hard reading back through it but fear not I said to myself as this is the person I am at present (six months ago it was a lot worse) but I know am working towards a new, happier, joyous me.
I am in my 41st year and recently crossed over to the next part of my journey.
The Simple Abundance path.
First of all I need to learn to be grateful for the simple things in life no matter what my circumstances may be.
 I have to learn to trust in myself.
The road is already mapped out for me.
I have to let life just happen.


Well I'm not really sure who I wrote this post for! You the reader (if I have any),
or if it was just therapy for myself.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely post Joanne and I am so pleased that you have taken the very dificult step to be "publicly" honest with yourself... this is almost the AA moment where you stand up in front of everyone and say "I have a problem" and "I am not perfect!"... well done you ... My blog is very much a sounding board for whatever ails my complicated memories and thoughts... it really does help to clear the head and see more clearly... although I bet you quavered between the "delete" and "publish" button! lol

    Big hugs to you and I am honoured to be all those things and I will continue to be here for you through thick or thin..... mmm Pizza! ... Sorry... I drifted there for a moment! I think I might go and make some supper... I think I need some sustanance! ;D

    x Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was one honest post, well done you !!
    Looking forward to getting to know you through blogland. Have a great week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Joanne,
    I come to you from Paradise.... you will know of who I speak!
    I love the honesty in this writing, it's a sort of this is me, warts and all, take me or leave me be.
    I am different to you in many ways, not least of which twenty years older, but I prefer my own company, am not gregarious,yet can strike up conversations with total strangers. I have done a posting similar(ish) to this, about growing up and finally being happy with who you are. At forty I know I was very different, and would say that at that age, we were very, very similar in our ways. But getting older has changed me, though I am still as gobby as ever, still as awkward as ever, still as honest, as daft as ever. Black and white? Yes, still see things that way. Glass half full? Definitely.
    If this was therapy for you, hope it did some good! Look forward to more postings. Take care, Maggie (www.mrsrunofthemills.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Joanne - well I think I have read and enjoyed one of your blogs before and missed you - I am so glad you are back!! Don't put any pressure on yourself. Blog when you can and don't blog when you can't - simples!
    Much love,
    L.x
    PS and don't believe that other bloggers live perfect lives - my life is one big mess but I might have a nice vase of flowers so I'll show you that - LOL!
    L.x.x

    ReplyDelete