Thursday 24 February 2011

Blessing my circumstances

At last a nice day.
I've been promising the children I would take them to Wincanton to take a look around the area before we move and today was just perfect.
So we loaded the scooters into the car, filled up with petrol and off we went.
There's nothing like driving along all singing to Taylor Swift to keep you in high sprits.
Oh and the sun came out.

The first port of call was to drive up around to see the house.
Oh my this turn out to be a little unsettling it's a    
 BUILDING SITE!!!


(not actual site)

Yes I know it's a new house we're moving to and it's the first phase so I expected some building work to be going on but  none of the houses had windows and I think some even had doors still missing.
Not a good start but onwards and upwards.
I park in the local Morrisons just down the road and we go off on our walk, well I walk they scooter.
"YES", one skate park, oldest son sorted.
On we go walking along the path which a river runs by and I can here birds so not a bad stroll and
 OH look a play park, that's daughter and yougest son sorted.

We stop and play for a while ( haven't quite got back into blogging mode forgot the camera).
We carried on walking it's a one way street so I'm guessing it will take us back to the car.
Little man notice's a sign for an in door play area, he's one happy chap.
Back to the car, popped into Morrisons for milkshake and cake.
So kids all sold they are now happier to make the move.
Me on the other hand feeling a little unsettled living in that much of a building site isn't going to be much fun.

So why you ask am I blessing my circumstances.



Well we've not been home more than fifteen minutes when the post turns up.
Now I'm trying to learn to live for the present moment and that everything happens for a reason.
Among the post is a letter from the housing people to let me know I can go and view my house next Thursday and that the move date has been moved from the 10th to the 24th of March.

I thought this was going to be the latest addition in my fashion accessories.

There you go everything will be just fine, you just have to let things happen as they will.
I will now have more time to pack up, sort out all our stuff, spend more time deciding what we will and won't be taking with us. I'm sure my local charity shops will benefit from this.
The children will have more time to spend with their now school friends and I will have more time to sort out their new schools.
So although I was a little dissappionted for a few seconds and the thought of living without hot water for a couple more weeks than I thought I was going to have to and taking cold showers isn't something I'm looking forward to but I am pleased that it won't be such a rush. 
One last good point I've a little more time to save a few more penny's for those little house warming gifts I'm sure I would like to buy for myself. 


Bless a thing and it will bless you. Curse it and it will curse you. . . . If you bless a situation, it has no power to hurt you, and even if it its troublesome for a time, it will gradually fade out, if you
sincerely bless it.
                                             Emmet Fox

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move Joanne! It will be very exciting to start with a fresh canvas at home - think of all the things you can do with it. I look forward to seeing what you do with your new place and I hope it all goes smoothly. And it sounds full of great stuff for the kids - lucky you!
    Best wishes
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good when you can find a positive in a situation that initially seems negative... delayed move (bad) = more time to sort yourself out, throwing out unwanted 'stuff' and so on (good).
    Hope it all goes well, and that there are a few other families living on the building site so it won't feel too scary at night?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a positive in every situation and if all you walk away from something with a "lesson learnt" then thats still good... I am positive that everything will come together in the end and it will be a new page in the book of your life... anywhere can be a home if it is filled with love and friendship... x

    ReplyDelete