Monday 28 February 2011

Holiday!

May be this isn't the best time to be taking the children on holiday but I made a snap decision on Friday and booked a two week holiday in Bideford for us.



Bideford Long bridge.

Yes I know it's pretty irresponsible of me after all they have just had a week off and at the end of the month they will be leaving one school and starting a new one (hopefully) so isn't this enough of an interruption to their schooling.

To be honest with you after the year we have had this is just what they need, OK and what I need.
A week of the simple pleasure of doing nothing.

This time last year the children's dad and I split up.
In that year there has been many times I've asked myself if I was doing the right thing.
Was my marriage really that bad, well yes it was. 
Maybe not to the outside world but 10 years of psychological and emotional abuse can really harm a girls passion for life.
And I did have a real passion for life once and I am now getting it back.

There has also been times in this year that I thought that we may even give it another go.
Only to wake up with that awful sickness in the pit of my stomach, I've been here before nothing had change and I was just holding on to fleeting moments of happiness.

So for the first time the children had to share their Christmas holidays going back and forth between they're dad and I.
In the new year things took a turn for the worst.
It got so bad at one point that Mr Plod and his friends had to get involved.

Well this weeks holiday hasn't been a barrel of laughs either.
It use to be nice and quiet around here but lately some new families have moved in and mixed it up a bit.
So there's been lots of falling out and fighting and that's just the parents. Hee Hee.



Anyway I thought it was time for us to get away.
And although some might think that the timing isn't great I can't think of a better time.
Spring is on it's way.
 The time of year for new beginnings
and this is the start of new beginings for us.


P.S I'll worry about packing the house up when we get back after all when we need to women can get anything done if they have to. Besides I'm sure if I ask a friend or two will come on over and help. Love you Alex Hee Hee.

Hope you all have a great week.
X

4 comments:

  1. Sorry things haven't been so good for you and you're probably right a break is what you need to recharge your batteies. You can then come back refreshed, ready to start your new life.
    Enjoy yourselves!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Joanne, thank you for visiting and leaving a comment over at mine!
    So, here you are, Alex's friend Joanne - it feels as though I already know you a little from Alex's blog ;-)
    It sounds as though you very much deserve to have a break with the children. Good for you - I would be doing the same in your situation - hey, they'll easily catch up on the school stuff!
    Have a fab time and remember to write us a blog postcard or two!
    D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Joanne,
    It really doesn't matter a jot what people think about your choosing to have a holiday does it? You know if it's right or not, and that's what counts, for yourself and your children. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a teacher, and sometimes there are circumstances that mean holidays need to be taken in term time. You as a mother, have made the judgement that for the well-being of the family, a break was needed. Sometimes as parents we have to trust our instincts.

    Enjoying the blog. Have 'followed'. What font are you using?
    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete